Sunday nights 6 - 7 pm, with Robert Rivest
Regular rates/classes/memberships apply.
Pre Register on Punchpass, here.
combines interactive laughter exercises with deep centering breaths and calming movements. It is the happiest wellness program ever! A wonderful way to exercise, socialize, and laugh your blues away. This class is a fun, effective stress relief program for all ages. It can be performed gently (in a chair if needed) or moving joyfully throughout the room with full energy and enthusiasm! Robert's playful laugh and cheerful spirit make it easy for everyone to join right in. This class is offered In-Studio only.
You’ve heard the phrase “Laughter is the Best Medicine.” When we generate laughter in our Laughter Yoga class, we can get some pretty amazing physiological and psychological health benefits.
- Laughter Boosts the immune system: Practicing laughter quickly increases levels of anti-viral and anti-infection cells; our immune system's first lines of defense against illnesses.
- Laughter Increases oxygen intake: Laughter Yoga improves lung capacity and oxygen levels to the blood, circulating more oxygen rich blood throughout our bodyand brain.
- Laughter Releases endorphins and serotonin: These give the body pain relieving effects and the mind a feeling of well-being that helps increase optimism, self-confidence and feelings of happiness and joy.
- Laughter Regulates Blood Pressure: Laughter Yoga engages the body's core muscles and cardiovascular system and can significantly lower systolic and diastolic blood-pressure levels.
- Laughter Promotes emotional growth: Social play is critical to the development of social skills and emotional intelligence in children AND ADULTS!
- Laughter Relieves stress: Laughter Yoga brings about significant reductions in the stress hormone cortisol and activates the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system giving us a feeling of energy, alertness, well-being, and joy!
Robert Rivest is an internationally admired Laughter Yoga Teacher and Certified Master Trainer. He is a renowned comic mime artist, an accomplished health, literacy and stress relief educator, and an engaging public speaker. Robert's teaching style is influenced by a 25 year practice of Mindfulness Meditation, Tai-Chi & Qigong. Since 1985, he has given over 8,000 presentations in Europe, Asia, Africa and across the U.S. His keynotes, trainings, retreats, and “Laugh- Along” YouTube videos have helped thousands of people around the world feel healthier and happier.